If you struggle with various oral health problems, and you have severely impaired dental function, full mouth reconstruction may be the solution. At our Allen, TX, practice, Dr. David Bishop, Dr. Robert Kim, and Dr. Kris Koelker create comprehensive treatment plans. By combining restorative procedures, your practitioner can renew your dental health and beautiful smile. At the Dentist of Allen, we will recommend a treatment plan and use state-of-the-art materials to ensure beautifully lifelike results.
What Is Full Mouth Reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive treatment intended to correct numerous issues at once. With this all-inclusive approach, we can address:
- Missing teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Gum disease
- Jawbone recession
Although we perform full mouth reconstruction for restorative purposes, your treatment will also improve the look of your smile.
Full mouth reconstruction is a comprehensive treatment intended to correct numerous issues at once.
Planning Your Full Mouth Reconstruction
To ensure effective treatment that truly meets your needs, your dentist will conduct a detailed consultation. First, he will thoroughly examine your teeth. Along with a visual analysis, he will also take x-rays of your teeth and jawbone. In addition, he will inquire about your specific goals for treatment.
Once he has a complete grasp of your needs and objectives, your practitioner will begin creating your treatment plan. You will stay involved in this process, and your dentist will inform you about all possible treatment options. Along with the specific procedures that you can include in full mouth reconstruction, he will explain the various restorative materials that can be used.
The Full Mouth Reconstruction Process
Based on your needs and goals, you full mouth reconstruction can combine:
- Fillings: We only use tooth-colored toxin-free composite fillings to restore decayed teeth. This material will look more realistic than metal, and it will not show through your teeth. In addition, it will bond with your tooth more effectively than metal.
- Dental crowns: Crowns restore severely damaged teeth. This type of restoration will fully cover the teeth to prevent further damage. The tooth-shaped caps can be crafted from porcelain-fused-to-metal or porcelain alone.
- Dental bridges: Made of multiple crowns fused together, dental bridges replace one or more missing teeth. Like our crowns, our bridges can be crafted from a variety of materials.
- Dental implants: Most dentists consider implants to be the ultimate method of tooth replacement. These small metal posts will substitute for your dental roots. In this way, they can provide a strong base for a restoration. Like natural roots, they also prevent jawbone degeneration.
- Dentures: A denture can replace most or all of your teeth. Along with traditional removable dentures, we also offer implant-supported dentures. With the All-on-4®method, we can provide an implant denture in just one appointment.
These various procedures will typically take place in stages, but you can often choose which treatments you would like to have first. With our dentists’ gentle techniques, your full mouth reconstruction will involve minimal discomfort. If you suffer from dental anxiety, we can provide safe, effective sedation. You may also benefit from sedation if you are undergoing a more extensive treatment, such as implant surgery.
Contact Us Today
If you are ready to stop suffering with a compromised smile, we are ready to realize your goal. Contact The Dentist of Allen to schedule your consultation.