We are proud to offer a full range of dental implants options at our Allen, TX, office. Dental implants are titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone in place of a missing tooth. The implant fuses with the jawbone to serve as an artificial tooth root and support for dental prostheses. Many patients appreciate implant-supported restorations because they are stable, comfortable, and beautiful in appearance.
Dr. David Bishop, Dr. Robert Kim, and Dr. Kris Koelker will work closely with you to serve your particular needs. We are proud to be a one-stop shop for all things dental implant-related, from preparation to placement to recovery. To learn more about dental implants or schedule a consultation with one of our dentists, contact our office today.
Who is a Candidate?
Patients who are missing one or more teeth, as well as patients that require tooth extraction, can benefit from dental implants. However, you must meet certain qualifications to be a good candidate for implants. You should:
- Have enough jawbone tissue to support and fuse with the titanium implants. If you do not, our dentists may be able to perform a preparatory procedure, such as guided tissue regeneration, sinus lift, or bone graft, to help you quality for dental implants.
- Be in good general health and able to undergo anesthesia.
- Not smoke. If you do, you will need to quit for a prescribed amount of time before and after treatment to ensure that you heal properly.
- Not suffer from any decay, infection, or periodontal (gum) disease, as these could complicate your procedure. Our dentists can help you resolve these issues before placing dental implants.
Our dentists can determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants by discussing your concerns and thoroughly examining the condition of your mouth.
Dental Implants Offered
We provide a variety of dental implants to suit each patient’s unique needs and desired results. Our dentists can place implants to support dental crowns, bridges, and even dentures. The types of implants we offer include:
- Traditional Implants - Placed at the same angle as the missing tooth’s root, traditional implants can support individual crowns, bridges, or dentures. The healing process can last up to six months.
- IMTEC® Mini Implants - Smaller titanium posts that require less jawbone material and a less invasive procedure to place, mini implants are an attractive alternative to traditional implants. Mini implants can be used to support new dentures or retrofit an existing denture.
- All-on-4® Implants - Using Nobel Biocare®’s advanced technique, our dentists can place these special titanium posts to hold larger fixed roundhouse bridge prostheses in place. The option is named All-on-4® because just four implants are placed per arch .
Whenever possible, our dentists emphasize providing “teeth in a day,” placing restorations immediately following the implant procedure so that you do not have to live without functional teeth. Our dentists will discuss your needs and use 3-D imaging technology to help you determine which type of dental implant fits your needs and expectations.
Implant-supported restorations are long-lasting, durable, stable, and incredibly lifelike in appearance and function. With implant-supported crowns, bridges, or dentures, you can enjoy improved quality of life and confidence. Additionally, the implant posts themselves help preserve existing jawbone material and prevent your teeth from slipping out of position to fill a gap. Perhaps best of all, your implants are designed to last a lifetime.
Learn More About Dental Implants
Our dentists can help you speak, chew, and smile comfortably and confidently. Contact our office today to learn more about this procedure, including costs, or schedule an initial consultation with one of our dentists.