Our customized porcelain veneers can quickly enhance the overall appearance of your smile. These thin, custom-made shells fit over the front and sometimes sides of your teeth to obscure a wide variety of imperfections. Dr. David Bishop, Dr. Robert Kim, and Dr. Kris Koelker can place porcelain veneers at our convenient Allen, TX, practice to correct a variety of cosmetic issues. Our experienced team will guide you through every step of the process so you can experience the straighter, brighter smile you want. To learn more about porcelain veneers or schedule a consultation with one of our dentists, contact our office today.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular cosmetic treatments because they are very versatile. Since they simply cover dental imperfections, this treatment can correct many cosmetic issues, including:
- Staining or Discoloration - Patients who have stubborn stains that cannot be treated with traditional teeth whitening are good candidates for porcelain veneers. When crafting your veneer, we will work with our partner lap to ensure the desired color is achieved. Since porcelain is stain-resistant, your teeth should remain bright and beautiful with proper cleaning and care.
- Misshapen Teeth - If your teeth appear too small, irregularly shaped, or disproportionate, porcelain veneers can give them a more uniform, symmetrical appearance. Veneers can be fabricated to take on nearly any shape, in effect enabling you to customize your smile.
- Crookedness - Porcelain veneers serve as immediate orthodontics, instantly providing a straighter appearance. This treatment is typically much less invasive, uncomfortable, and time-intensive than traditional braces. However, it is important to note that veneers can not provide the functional benefits of an orthodontic appliance.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth - You can improve the appearance and functionality of teeth damaged by injury or trauma with porcelain veneers.
One of our dentists will provide you with more specific information about how porcelain veneers can benefit your smile at your initial consultation.
Who is a Candidate?
Given their benefits, many patients are interested in porcelain veneers. However, you must meet certain basic criteria to qualify for this treatment. Patients who are good candidates for porcelain veneers:
- Do not suffer from bruxism. If you grind your teeth together, you are more likely to damage your porcelain veneers and compromise your results, requiring additional treatment or repairs.
- Are free from cavities and periodontal (gum) disease. If you do suffer from these complications, our dentists can help by treating these issues and working with you to improve your dental hygiene regimen.
- Have enough enamel to attach the veneers. Before porcelain veneers can be placed, a small amount of enamel must be removed in order to accommodate the prosthetic.
Our dentists can help you determine your candidacy at your initial consultation.
Our dentists will begin by preparing your teeth, removing a small amount of enamel so that the veneers can fit properly and look natural. Your dentist will then take an impression of your teeth to create a model for our trusted local lab. We work very closely with our lab to ensure that your veneers are the proper shade for your teeth and meet your expectations.
It usually takes about two weeks for our lab’s technicians to manufacture your custom veneers, during which time you may wear temporary ones. Once your permanent veneers are ready, your dentist will attach them to your teeth with strong bonding cement. If any teeth need more extensive restorative or cosmetic treatment, we may place Procera® crowns instead of, or in combination with, porcelain veneers.
Enjoy a Gorgeous Smile
Porcelain veneers can help you experience a more attractive, confident smile. Contact our office today to learn more about this treatment or schedule a consultation with one of our excellent dentists.